Washington State Microenterprise Association, “WSMA,” We,” “Us,” or “Our” means Washington State Microenterprise Association, a Washington nonprofit corporation.
This Policy does not apply to information collected by us online or through any other means, including on any other website operated by us or any third party; or any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on our Website. If you follow a link on this Website to another site, please review the privacy policies posted at those sites.
Collection of Information
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number (“personal information”);
- That is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. When you leave comments on the Website, we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also your IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to our Website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the Website could download and extract any location data from images on the Website.
Through the usage of The Events Calendar, Events Calendar PRO, The Events Calendar Filter Bar, Eventbrite Tickets, and Community Events plugins, as well as our Event Aggregator Import service (contained within The Events Calendar plugin), information may be collected and stored within your site’s database.
If you create, submit, import, save, or publish event, venue, or organizer information, such information is retained in the local database:
- Venue information: name, address, city, country, state, postal code, phone, website, geographical coordinates (latitude and longitude)
- Organizer information: name, phone, website, email
- Event information: website, cost, description, date, time, image
The Website may also collect information through the use of information-gathering tools, such as cookies and beacons (collectively “Website Navigational Information”). Website Navigational Information includes standard information from your web browser (such as browser type and browser language), your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, and the actions you take on a site (such as the web pages viewed and the links clicked). Cookies can also help customize a website for visitors. Personal information cannot be collected via cookies and other tracking technology; however, if you previously provided personally identifiable information, cookies may be tied to such information. Aggregate cookie and tracking information may be shared with third parties.
If you leave a comment on our Website, you may opt-in to saving your name, email address, and IP address in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited.
Special Note About Google Advertising
Any advertisements served by Google, Inc. and affiliated companies may be controlled using cookies. The information Google collects may be associated with your personal information or they may collect information, including personal information, about your online activities over time and across different websites and other online services. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content. We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact Google directly. Learn how to opt out of Google’s cookie usage. As mentioned above, any tracking done by Google through cookies and other mechanisms is subject to Google’s own privacy policies.
Embedded Content from Other Websites
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
Articles on this Website may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other sites behaves in the exact same way as if you visited the third party’s other site.
Use of Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To distribute our newsletter to you.
- To provide you with information or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Distribution of Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide as described in this Policy:
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud or unauthorized transactions, or to investigate fraud which has already taken place.
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email. Visitor comments and online form submissions will be checked through automated spam detection services.
We make use of certain APIs, in order to provide specific features.
These APIs may include the following third party services: Google Maps (API key), Meetup (OAuth token), PayPal (email, Client ID, Client Secret), Eventbrite (API key, auth URL, Client Secret), and Zoom (email, Client ID, Client Secret).
Commitment to Data Security
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Only authorized employees, agents, and contractors (who have agreed to keep information secure and confidential) have access to this information. All emails and newsletters from this Website allow you to opt out of further mailings.
If you have an account on this Website, or have left comments, you can request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. Records Retention and Destruction
We comply with applicable laws and regulations and our internal policies governing the retention, management, and destruction of information collected and maintained by us.
Privacy Contact Information
If you have any questions, concerns, or comments about this Policy, you may contact us using the email address: [email protected].
We reserve the right to make changes to this policy. Any changes to this policy will be posted.